UK University Supporting Documents
Whether applying to study in the UK alone or visiting SI-UK Vietnam for your free consultation, use the checklist below to ensure you have all the right supporting documents to help make the most of your appointment and application.
- Copy of passport/visa (if available)
- Academic transcript
- Certificate of graduation
- Certificate of English proficiency – IELTS/TOEFL/PTE Test/Other
- Personal statement
- Reference letters
- CV (if applicable)
- Certificate of graduation/bachelor’s degree
- Certificate of graduation/master’s degree
- Research proposal
Previous UK Education History
- Previous CAS letter
- Confirmation of enrolment
- Previous visas (Visa stamp and biometric card)
A personal statement is required when applying to UK universities. In it, students are tasked with writing about what they hope to do on the course, what they hope to do after the course and why they are applying.
References are usually written by someone who knows you academically or professionally. Most references will talk about you from a teacher's or supervisor's perspective: the way in which you interact with other students and your performance in classes and seminars.
Your reference does not have to be academic, but if you're studying or have recently completed school or college, an academic reference is expected. Choosing the right referee is crucial for your application to university. Things to consider:
- Choose an appropriate referee
- Print on official company or university letterhead
- Explain the relationship between you and the referee
- Express confidence that you will complete the course
- Don’t forget the signature of the referee